Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Manufacturing Engineer I position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities and measurements of performance of the Manufacturing Engineer I at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide assembly with engineering leadership and guidance for the introduction of processes, equipment and error proofing technology into assembly.
• Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting activities; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, test, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Assist in the estimation of manufacturing costs, determine standards, make recommendations on cost reductions and schedule improvements.
• Ensure efficient and effective manufacturing and production operations support to company objectives for Sales, Finance, Engineering, and Project/Program Management.
• Support manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Assist in design and planning for manufacturing and assembly activities that includes personnel requirements, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and tooling requirements for legacy, re-order and new development programs.
• Develop, evaluate, and deliver innovative solutions to constantly improve process capability, production volume and manufacturing quality while improving the efficiency and cost requirements of low and high-volume assembly activities.
• Develop detailed work instructions describing the manufacturing and assembly process details for programs including legacy, re-order and new developments in addition to providing support during traveler generation.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Assist in the establishment, measurements, and control process of EPICOR and time standards for all production process steps.
• Enter and maintain Traveler Change Ordered (TCO) in EPICOR. Assist in the setup of Manufactured parts in EPICOR as required per procedures. Create Work Instructions on the proper use of EPICOR.
• Participate in company meetings in order to support company goals, status reporting, and department improvements.
• Provide training and support for all assembly personnel as necessary on proper assembly practices, procedures and tool usage.
• Support planning, deployment, inventory, operating procedures, maintenance and repair of capital equipment and manufacturing tooling.
• Interface with Quality in resolving all non-conformance issues assigned and support the UCR, NCMR and FAR processes when applicable.
• Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Ensure that all department employees properly maintain company property and are accountable for loss, theft, and misuse.
• Ensure the safety of staff and that proper Safety Programs and training are in place and utilized.
• Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS9100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experienced in die attach, wire bonding, gap welding, clean room practices and MIL certifications a plus.
A Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university and 5 years related experience or related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Understanding of and ability to implement statistical process control tools.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT), Internet software. SolidWorks and Epicor a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs.; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and onsite visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE