Pacific Coast Producers, a leading private label fruit processor with several locations in Northern California, is accepting applications for Seasonal Employment for the position of Seasonal General Labor at its processing facility in Woodland, CA.
Provide general labor services as instructed by supervisor or management to contribute to the successful canning of excellent tomato quality for our customers.
- Grades, sorts, or classifies unprocessed food products by size, weight, color, or condition.
- General Laborer will work in and around production line, clean as needed and other duties related to production.
- Ability to follow all plant safety policies and procedures to include Good Manufacturing Policies (GMP’s).
- Ability to follow instructions given by supervision/management.
- Ability to safely walk, climb stairs, walk on uneven surfaces to arrive at work location.
- Ability to work shift and weekend work from July through Mid-September.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Age of at least 18 by June 1, 2020.
- Conversational English is helpful to communicate with supervisor/management and to read and/or understand safety notices and signs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a seasonal, collective bargaining unit with Teamsters Local 856, position with expectation of working any of three shifts as assigned, 6-7 days per week from July through Mid-September.
- The general laborer performs their work inside a noisy warehouse/manufacturing environment with heavy forklift and truck traffic in the outside areas. While primarily inside the warehouse areas they may be required to perform work outside the warehouse areas as well. Most areas require the use of stairs to ascend to work locations.
Pacific Coast Producers ensures equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans