Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Senior Mechanical Designer position.
Scope: The purpose of this procedure is to establish and define the essential duties and responsibilities, education and/or experience, reporting relationships, language skills, mathematical skills, reasoning skills, physical requirements, and measurements of performance for a Senior Mechanical Designer of Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Experience using CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) in the creation of complex electromechanical models, fabrication drawings and assembly drawings.
· Understanding of corrosion causes and prevention techniques.
· Familiarity with MIL standards related to electronics packaging design, performance and testing.
· Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new or improved products, special machinery design, test equipment, tools, fixtures, and gauge design.
· Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate constructions. Also prepare and evaluate tolerance stack-ups.
· Makes various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, simple forces, and stresses, frequently using charts and tables.
· Create orthographic or isometric illustrations required for sales aids.
· Assist in the follow-up of prototype construction with outside vendors.
· Check email and voicemail daily and respond, as appropriate.
· Secure quotations and expedite materials and delivery.
· Ensure company compliance with AS9100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an (AA) Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or (BS) Bachelors Degree in Engineering with eight to twelve years of experience in the field of drafting and design in a company doing engineering design and production of electronic devices; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet software, Email and Database software. Knowledge of AutoCAD, GC-Cam 350, SolidWorks, Pads Layout and Pads Logic is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and on site visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE