Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Electro-Mechanical Assembler II position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities, and measurements of performance of the Electro-Mechanical Assembler II at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Overtime is required.
· Ensure company compliance with AS9100.
· A thorough understanding of the use of a variety of tools and equipment to assemble units according to required specifications in the production line.
· A thorough understanding of hand placing SMT components with solder paste.
· Experience with building wire harnesses and coax cables.
· A thorough understanding of PA’s assemblies.
· Excellent manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination required
· Able to read drawings, bill of materials, sketches, and written instructions to assemble products.
· Proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
· Responsible for documenting rework or drawing changes.
· Able to disassemble and reassemble modules and rackmounts.
· Able to remove and replace SMT components including QFP’s and BTC components.
· Position parts of device to be assembled in the prescribed order in accordance with production guidelines and fasten parts together using screws, bolts, and hand tools.
· As an Electromechanical Assembler Trainee and Electromechanical Assembler, you will inspect, refurbish, test and program electronic equipment such as chassis, modules, harness and coaxes cables.
· Familiar with reading blue prints, assembly drawings, and bills of materials.
· Proficient with the use of basic hand tools.
· Basic understanding of hand soldering and the use of hand soldering equipment.
· Ability to work under a microscope or other aided magnification.
· Soldering skills consistent with J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 Class III. Must be capable of obtaining certification to IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, J-STD-001 Space and IPC7711/7721 . Current certification a plus.
· Maintain close security of the company’s assets, including equipment, tools, and supplies.
· Ensure work is done efficiently and effectively.
· Properly maintain company property and accountable for loss, theft, or misuse.
· Ensure that the policies and practices of the Aethercomm Employee Handbook are followed within the department.
· Help ensure the safety of other assemblers.
· Adhere to the Operations Safety Program at all times, including wearing personal protective equipment in the designated areas.
· Responsible for creating a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards.
· Responsible for the day-to-day performance of assigned jobs.
· Responsible for finishing products on time.
· Inform the supervisor if any individual, besides the Production Supervisor, is changing the daily task.
· Report any changes that may impact shipments and/or the daily schedule to the Production Supervisor and/or General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, bill of materials, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and on-site visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE