Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Technical SME - RF position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities and measurements of performance of the Technical Subject Matter Expert - RF at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Design Engineering Technical Leadership
• Overall Mentor for all design engineers in assigned Technical Area
• Responsible for Technical Area success for ALL designs pursued by the design team
• Plan, Monitor and Control all designs for technical area
• Create, Verify, Plan and Transition all new and modified product concepts to project resources for technical area
• Ensure Design Trades within Technical Area are appropriate and weighed against technical, schedule and cost aspects to include Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) targets
• Detailed Design A/R with little to no supervision required
• Core technical issue resolution and support for technical design challenges
• Perform Detailed Design Reviews for all process gates in assigned technical area to ensure the technical success of all new and modified designs
• Assist with legacy design issues and ensure adequate resolution as required
• Assist in the appropriate selection of electronics parts and resolving obsolescence issues.
• Assist in meeting project scheduled milestones and present/discuss design issues during TIM’s, PDR, CDR and any other customer meetings as required
Knowledge Transfer and Technical Training
• Mentor and Provide Training for department resources for assigned Technical Area
• Work with the management to create a detailed Training Roadmap for Technical Area Assets
• Ensure Lessons Learned are appropriate captured, reviewed and accommodated for in design activities for responsible Technical Area
• Assess Technical Area Assets and provide technical input for Performance Reviews
Technical Area Process Control and Improvements
• Create, Modify and Optimize Standard Design Process flow for assigned Technical Area
• Create detailed Design Guidelines and Design Review Checklists to Validate and approve technical designs from design stage to design stage
• Define, Modify and Optimize the process and effectiveness of design simulations and Ensure this activity is a required gate where appropriate in the design flow
• Ensure Technical Process Design Flow accommodate reviews for all other required disciplines (ie DC bias lines and RF designs are both covered and appropriately reviewed)
• Work with Management to ensure appropriate and effective hand-offs are embedded in technical design process flow between technical design areas (ie RF/ME hand-offs to PCB Layout)
• Support of Technical aspects of Organization’s Process Engineering, cost out and efficiency initiatives
• Ensure the Design Process provides for the maintenance and accuracy of design records.
• Ensure the Design Process ensures projects are completed accurately and on time and within budgets allocated.
Technical Area Roadmaps
• Stay abreast of the state-of-the-art design techniques and components for assigned Technical Area, and make recommendations to Management to improve design activities
• Identify and Propose novel advances or applied research
• Create, Modify, and Support IRAD Proposals and justifications for Technical Initiatives which align with the organizations objectives
Business Development Technical Support
• Create Design Concepts and write-ups to support Proposals and new initiatives
• Create Whitepapers in support of Business Development and Marketing
• Provide general Business Development support as required
• Ensure design process includes any necessary breadboard builds and tests to ensure design will meet specs and requirements
• Interface with customers and present technical material when needed
• Ensure effective communication among all parties involved in a project.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
• Provide engineering support to the test and production departments, as required.
• Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS9100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Master’s Degree (M. S.) and Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in the electronics or physics disciplines, and eight to twelve years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Higher level mathematics such as calculus is also required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet software, Pspice, MWO, ADS or equivalent, PADS or equivalent schematic layout software, Cascade analysis tools, and EM simulation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and on site visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE