Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Senior RF Engineer position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities, and measurements of performance of the Senior RF Engineer at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Design, simulation, and verification of DC and RF electronic designs to meet the commitments of the Engineering and R&D department.
• Participate in hardware architecture decisions which affect RF architectures including RF amplification and linearization technologies, data interfaces and system peripherals.
• Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture design, schematic creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration, system verification and transitioning projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing department, or product delivery to a customer.
• Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical issues in a cross-functional team environment.
• Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals for submittal to applicable government agencies.
• Mentor other engineers, designers and drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
• Provide information regarding "as built" configuration, as required for permanent records including schematics and BOM’s.
• Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages with Engineering and R&D management prior to internal management and customer review.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
• Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and other related technical support.
• Provide engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
• Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the company’s engineering capabilities.
• Participate in project technology assessment/feasibility studies.
• Present any known or potential performance non-compliances to Engineering and R&D management immediately.
• Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments; recommend new technologies for insertion into company’s technology roadmaps. Attend technical conferences when necessary and as approved by the Senior Director of Design Engineering.
• Write white papers and technical articles to improve the company’s technical reputation.
• Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS9100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.), Master’s Degree (M. S.) and Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in the electronics or physics disciplines, and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary is DOE