Essential Job Functions
* Software development and maintenance of products and components within Microsoft Visual Studio, RDBMS, window device driver, LINUX, and embedded C applications.
* Projects will involve executing against development designs and plans developed by the Engineering Project Manager and SVP of Engineering, Operations, Sakura Bioscience and Q.A./Regulatory Affairs.
* Manages typical project assignments which will be targeting the release of instrument software.
* Along with management, formulates, executes and evaluates the programming policy. Prepares, gains acceptance and controls plan and programs which will achieve the project objectives.
* Assists operations in establishing improved processes.
* Prepares procedures and completes a variety of analytical and knowledge based applications.
* Initiates, coordinates and allocates resources in support of application development, information projects. Participates in project groups/committees/special assignments in support of project requirements.
* Participates in interchange and communication between internal and external parties: external parties being customers, consultants, vendors, other Company affiliates, etc.
* Obtains structured information and data interchanges between Product Development and other Sakura departments.
* Analyzes, researches, document, verify and validate software per Sakura SW development procedures
* Follows a zero-defect mindset in developing, maintaining, testing and checking-in/checking-out source code.
* Responsible for development test protocols, test plans, on code that is written.
* Responsible to do documentation on completed tasks.
* Keeps up-to-date and current on tools, methodologies, technologies and language features.
* Maintains communication conduit to other developers, documentation and testing.
* Writes quality software, adhering to documentation and coding standards.
* Maintains sufficient knowledge on the product to sufficiently perform integration testing.
BA or BS degree in electrical engineering, electronic engineering, computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
* Ten (10) years of product development experience in software design and development using Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual Basic, C# etc), RDBMS (SQL Server, MSDE etc), Linux and embedded C. Previous medical device development experience is a plus.
* 5+ years of experience in designing and developing .net.
* Demonstrated development experience in Linux based applications, in Embedded C based control applications and in Window device drivers
* Must have thorough understanding of Microsoft Development Environment with trouble-shooting experience using IDE Debugger.
* Must have experience in Software Designing using MS Visio and other CASE tools.
* Must have experience in designing Database Schema using SQL Server version 2005/2008 or newer
* Must have experience in managing Team Development using MS Team Foundation Server version 2008 or newer
* Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, diagram and verbal forms.
* Must have well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.