• The Medical Coder is responsible for reviewing medical records to determine if correct codes were assigned which most accurately describes each documented diagnosis based of ICD10 methodology in accordance with established CMS and client-specific guidelines for MRA coding
• The Medical Coder will audit and educate coders in Medicare/Medicaid/Commercial/client-specific coding guidelines
• The Medical Coder works in collaboration with coding team to develop plans and materials that support education and system changes to meet coding goals
• This position requires a strong knowledge of diagnostic coding and HCC documentation requirements
• Certified coder (CPC, CPC-H, CRC, RHIT, CCS, CCA or CCS-P)
• Minimum 2 years of diagnosis coding experience strongly preferred, but will consider lesser experience with demonstrated high competency in testing
• Candidate must provide proof of adequate broadband internet speed to perform work
• Ability to consistently meet established minimum quality standards in a heavy production environment,
• Close attention to detail, strong English grammar reading comprehension skills
• Ability to assimilate and adapt quickly and accurately to coding guideline and/or other job-related changes,
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, excellent reliability, positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work timely and effectively under strict deadlines, are all a must.
• Must have current knowledge and training in ICD-10.
• Must have knowledge/understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and coding principles.
• Compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations
• High School Diploma / GED required
• Minimum 2 years medical coding experience
• AA Degree or higher