Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of an e-commerce website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain shipping modules, and integration with internal shipping systems.
- Maintain payment modules, and integration with internal accounting systems.
- Debug and fix issues reported by users and/or customers.
- Optimize and re-factor SQL queries.
- Design and prototype new features for the applications.
- Help develop new streamlined business operations throughout all departments by developing new software solutions.
Skills and Education/Experience:
- Mathematical & Reasoning Ability:Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- General Computer Skills:Word processing / Spreadsheet / Email: Working knowledge of general office application software and email communication.
- Database Software:Experience implementing, managing, and using relational databases, especially MySQL. Experience developing with NoSQL systems such as Couchbase is useful, but not critical.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Requires close vision at 20 inches or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions