The Staffing Recruiter ensures that staffing levels and needs are maintained for plant operations.
1. Identifies, develops, implements, evaluates, measures, and improves the recruiting process for non-exempt and exempt positions. The recruiting process is required to maintain the required plant staffing as directed by Operations.
2. Establishes an effective and efficient working relationship with plant management which creates an environment that facilitates the interviewing process, thus enabling the hiring of qualified applicants for plant positions.
3. If applicable, provides training and direction to the hourly staff to insure compliance with all laws and regulations concerning the interviewing process, AAP compliance.
4. Creates new, innovative methods to improve the recruitment process to continually improve the experience and skill set of applicants. Recommends to management for approval, implements, measures, audits and reports results to management.
5. Achieves measurable results that demonstrate improvement in hiring ratio (applicants vs. hires).
6. Ensures all required paperwork (application, reference checks, interview notes) are forwarded to the Employment Process Administrator to ensure proper, correct intake.
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Requires 5 – 6 years related experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience in a staffing role within a manufacturing environment. Proven knowledge of laws surrounding the interview process. Exposure to AAP requirements as it applies to the recruitment, interviewing, selection process. Proven supervisory experience in an office setting. Proven track record of innovative methods to recruit the targeted workforce and creative methods to recruit that resulted in turnover reduction. Requires an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span. Must be able to multi-task and organize multiple protocols and projects and completed on schedule. Requires strong analytical skills, analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level. Must have knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation along with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Requires knowledge of and a commitment to team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills or a strong team player. Requires travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or Company business.
Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field plus
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
2. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
4. Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment
5. In a plant environment:
• Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
• May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degree to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
• May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
• May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
• May be exposed to all chemicals found in poultry, food and processing plant.
• Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.