VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician in support of C4ISR Alteration Installation Team (AIT) projects located in San Diego, CA.
Has strong knowledge of all inspection procedures and utilization of required measuring devices that correspond to the C4ISR AIT tasking which they are assigned. Is responsible to ensure the quality of the product or service provided to the customer through the performance and documentation of all required inspections in accordance with corresponding customer standards and company procedures. Document all required repairs and production to initiate corrective actions. Ensure that all test and inspection documentation is accounted for and thoroughly completed prior to transfer of custody.
- Confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Acts as technical expert on quality matters with production personnel.
- Oversees quality assurance on routine electronic installations.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in installation or manufacturing process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical, or electrical characteristics.
- May select products for tests at specified stages in installation process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, or electrical characteristics.
- Reviews all data, ensuring that performance and quality of products conform to establish company, international (ISO), and governmental regulatory standards and agency guidelines, and to ensure lasting customer satisfaction.
- Modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished material or product.
- Implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of, and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality assurance procedures.
- Evaluates data and may write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Performs destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- May prepare graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- HS plus three technical experience; and/or equivalent experience, AS plus one year technical experience or BS with technical experience in installation, modification, field change, operation, maintenance, inspection, test, troubleshooting and repair of military electrical/electronic systems, manufacturing, inspection and testing of support structures or four years Quality Assurance, Quality Control experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Certified QA/QC Inspector, Level II Visual Weld Inspector; valid driver's license may be required.
- Must be available to travel as required.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.