VT Group provides aviation mission support in the areas of programmatic, integrated logistics, training, maintenance, acquisition management, and analytic support solutions for fixed, rotary, and tiltrotor winged aircraft – as well as worldwide management, operations, and sustainment support of advanced Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in the challenging environments of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Africa, and aboard U.S. Navy ships and research vessels. Our commitment is to excellence, building a culture of trust, respect, and open communications with our customers to deeply each successful mission.
VT Group is currently seeking a Production Machinery Mechanic for our client’s at FRCSW San Diego, CA.
- The ideal candidate repairs machinery or mechanical equipment.
- Work involves most of the following: examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Responsibilities include replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, and ordering the production of a replacement part by a machine shop or sending the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Duties also include preparing written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops, reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for operation.
- The work of a Production Machinery Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Included are workers whose duties involve setting up or adjusting machines.
- Minimum qualifications are the baseline for determining technical acceptability in the personnel.
- Experience must be within the last five years.
- All personnel must be U. S. citizens.
- Individuals released from Military Service with other than “Honorable Discharges” do not meet minimum qualifications.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
BENEFITS: Please visit www.vt-group.com to view our employee benefits.
VT Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.