n the late 1950’s, Jim Danielsen (“Big Jim”) worked for Sunnyland Juice Company in the Silicon Valley, CA area making deliveries. As Sunnyland expanded, they offered Big Jim the route which included Chico, CA. Jim enjoyed the beauty of the region and saw great potential to grow a business and raise a family.
In 1964, Big Jim and his wife, Janice, took their entrepreneurial spirit to new heights and started Danielsen Distributing. They began the process of expanding product lines and developing their business model and in 1967, Danielsen Distributing purchased the old Borden Dairy facility in Chico which would be their distribution facility for the next 20 years.
The exponential growth of the company continued as the next generation of the Danielsen family became a contributing, driving force. Since the move to their current location (435 Southgate Ct.) in 1986, The Danielsen Company has continued to expand product lines to meet the demands of their growing customer base which now includes schools and correctional facilities. Terri Danielsen is committed to continuing the heritage of quality products for quality customers and The Danielsen Company remains one of the highest rated food service providers in Northern California.